You want to evaluate and report on the sustainability performance of your university? But, you do not know how? Then, our University Sustainability Assessment Framework (UniSAF) is the right tool for you!
UniSAF provides a comprehensive set of indicators. They help you to analyse your university’s sustainability performance.
You can do many things with the data you gather through UniSAF: Publish inventories, write sustainability reports, develop policy briefs or run awareness campaigns.
The framework was developed by Maastricht University Green Office and rootAbility. Our goal is to make sustainability assessments and reporting faster, cheaper, easier and more fun.
Download the full UniSAF Toolkit, here. Alternatively, you can also download each component separately:
- Two pager: A short read about the framework
- Indicator list: Dive into the excel sheet to select indicators for your assessment
- Implementation guide: Consult our 9-page document to learn how to apply UniSAF
- FAQs: Read our answers to 15 frequently asked questions
- Database template: Use this database to store and analyse data
It’s all open source
The UniSAF Toolkit is open-source! This means that you can play around, adapt and improve the framework. It is just important that you reference us as an author and publish any adaptations also under an open-source license. [For the geeks: We use a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license]
Our implementation support
We offer four services to assist you in the implementation of UniSAF:
- Lunch time talk: To get started, invite students, staff, faculty and higher management. We present UniSAF and answer questions.
- Half-day workshop: A dedicated group participates in a half-day workshop. We work with them to identify relevant sustainability issues and indicators, plan data-gathering and analysis.
- Process support: We run three workshops, combined with advice hours, to support the project team in analysing the data, making it decision relevant and preparing its communication.
- Final check: Before you publish your assessment, we have a final look at it. We check if there are no embarrassing mistakes with data sources, presentation and analysis.
Through our expertise, you will improve the outcomes of your assessment and make the process faster and smoother.