Where does your university stand regarding its sustainability performance in education, research, community or operations? That’s an important question to ask, to identify areas that need improvement and act strategic. Conducting a sustainability assessment is a first step for you to get this overview.
Our University Sustainability Assessment Framework
The University Sustainability Assessment Framework (UniSAF) provides you with a set of indicators and methodology you can use to gather and analyse data on the sustainability performance of your university. We published the framework under an open-source license, meaning you can access it for free and adapt it to your needs.
- Make sustainability assessments cheaper, easier, faster and more fun.
- Identify socio-economic and environmental issues that are relevant for your organisation
- Collect and analyse data to measure progress
- Communicate your findings to influence decision-makers
What does it look like?
- Indicator list: The core of UniSAF is an excel sheet that provides quantitative and qualitative indicators. No need to ‘invent’ your own indicators.
- Implementation guide: You learn about the best tips and tricks on how to identify relevant issues to assess, collect, analyse and communicate data on sustainability.
- Database template: Template to collect your data. No need to reinvent the wheel.
- FAQs: Have questions? We compiled answers to common questions we got about how UniSAF.
For your assessment to be impactful, it is important that you communicate your findings. We recommend you do this through infographics, posters, presentation or social media campaign.
Work with us to apply UniSAF
|You invite students, staff, faculty and higher management to a lunch time talk. We inspire them through UniSAF and answer questions. Interested people form a group to use UniSAF afterwards.|
|A dedicated group participates in a half-day workshop. We work with them to identify relevant sustainability issues and indicators, plan data-gathering and analysis.|
|We run a series of workshops, combined with advice hours, to support the project team in analysing the data, making it decision relevant and preparing its communication.|
|Before you publish your assessment, we have a final look at it. We check if there are no embarrassing mistakes with data sources, presentation and analysis.|
Through our expertise, you will improve the outcomes of your assessment and make the process faster and smoother.
Get in touch with Anselm to use UniSAF
Anselm developed UniSAF and coordinates its spread through rootAbility. Just get in touch with Anselm and send him any questions you migth have about the framework. You can also set-up an initiation call if you want to work with us to apply UniSAF.